Assistant Director, Academic and Support Services for Student Athletes|
The Department of Academic and Support Services for Student Athletes invites you to apply for an exciting new position at the university, Assistant Director of Academic and Support Services for Student Athletes. The university is launching a new advising model to support student athletes and is looking for a dynamic individual to work with the director of the department to build this exciting new department. The Assistant Director will play a prominent academic advising role with student-athletes, providing academic support and guidance for student athletes to create academic and co-curricular plans, connecting student athletes with resources and opportunities, and serving as a source of ongoing support through student athletes academic careers.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Academic Advising: work with students individually to create curricular and co-curricular plans for timely graduation and long-term success
* Work closely with athletics department coaches and staff to best support the success of the student athletes
*Coordinate with other Campus Partners: work closely with academic departments and Student Success Center (SSC) to develop deep understanding of academic programs, support systems, and university policies and procedures
* Records and Data Management: coordinate system for academic update requests, maintain appointment and walk-in availability in online systems, record information about student appointments
* Develop and implement programs for student-athletes
* Interpret and evaluate problems; analyze and define the issues; draw valid conclusions; and propose appropriate and effective solutions.
The ideal start date for this position is September 1, 2019(negotiable).
Master's Degree required
Minimum 1 year of higher education experience working directly with student-athletes in an academic services setting.
Please submit a letter of interest, resume and contact information for three professional references by clicking on the appropriate link in this posting. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.