Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Restaurant and Food Service, Writing/Authoring
Facilities Technician - HVAC|
If you are looking for a challenging position that will exercise and develop all of your talents, this second-shift position may be for you. Bellarmine University has an opening for a Facilities Technician with an emphasis in HVAC work. We are looking for an individual who consistently accomplishes the expected objectives and takes on extra tasks or projects as required or necessary. Maintains a positive, achievement oriented attitude and influences others to do the same. Takes initiative with and is proactive in approach to accomplishing tasks. Ability to make decisions and take actions consistent with organizational goals.
If this is you, read on.
- Perform ongoing preventive maintenance and repair work on facility mechanical,
- electrical, and other installed systems;
- Maintain, operate all HVAC systems and associated equipment, electrical equipment, plumbing
- systems, building management system, and perform building repairs;
- Perform facility inspections and report on condition affecting operations;
- Respond to emergencies;
- Review and understand equipment and methods of operation, BMS system, lighting,
- and other systems;
- Comply with all safety procedures and requirements;
- Maintain compliance to City, County, State ordinances and codes;
- Support any after hours building needs and activities as required;
- Attend training sessions and seminars; and
- Other assigned tasks as requested.
- High School diploma and Certifications, Associates degree preferred
- EPA 608 Technician Certification
- 10-15 years of related experience
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude, experience with 3 phase systems
- Experience with repairing food service equipment
- Experience with a computer and iPad
- Communicate effectively both orally and writing
- Maintain detailed and accurate reports
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with contractors and University staff and students
Must have an understanding and commitment to how the position plays an important role in the success of the organization. The right candidate will have the ability to acquire new knowledge of our industry and using this information for success.
All communications must be sent via Interview Exchange, unless otherwise directed, i.e., interviews.
About Bellarmine University:
Bellarmine University is a dynamic, growing university with a strong liberal arts focus in the Catholic higher education tradition and a bold vision for the future. Bellarmine has undergraduate and graduate enrollment of nearly 3,500 students, and continues to add new academic programs while maintaining small class sizes and personal attention to students. Bellarmine is listed in the Princeton Review's Best 384 Colleges, is one of the top 20 Southern regional universities in U.S. News and World Report's 2019 college rankings, and is a top university in Forbes' list of America's best colleges. In a survey by The Princeton Review, students praised Bellarmine as a place that is "welcoming to every single person and makes an effort to include everyone." Bellarmine students, faculty and staff engage in more than 25,000 cumulative hours of service each year, in Louisville and around the nation and world.
Bellarmine is located on a scenic 145-acre campus in the Highlands neighborhood and 46+ acres off-campus in Louisville, KY, which Forbes recently recognized as a "Top 15 City" for affordable living and National Geographic calls one of the "Best Small Cities in the U.S." Louisville is within a day's drive of two-thirds of the U.S. population.
Bellarmine is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply.