Join Our Team.
Valencia College is now seeking a full time Executive
Assistant to join the Executive Dean’s Office team on the Lake Nona
In this role you will be
responsible for advanced and highly
responsible administrative support to Lake Nona’s Executive Dean. Assignments
will require extensive working knowledge of the College and programs under
executive management jurisdiction. Furthermore, the position will require a
considerable amount of initiative, independent judgment, and discretion.
At Valencia College, it’s more than just a job. We understand the importance of fostering a collaborative environment and achieving a true work/life balance.
Join one of the largest community colleges in Florida, recognized as one of “The Great Colleges to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education, and the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position. There are plenty of places to find employment, but at Valencia College, you'll find fulfillment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent. College degree, preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the public
- Progressively responsible experience involving staff assistance and advanced secretarial/administrative work which demonstrates the ability to work without close supervision
- Demonstrable proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook (required), Microsoft Access preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think critically, work independently and problem solve
- Supervisory experience
- A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion.
Please click here for a complete job description.
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Free medical, dental benefits and paid life insurance premiums
- Generous paid time off - vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Florida retirement membership
- YMCA membership benefits
- Educational and Professional development opportunities for you and your dependents and so much more….
Moreover, we believe you will appreciate the commitment to work-life balance plus the inspiring, motivating, and teamwork-oriented environment that we enjoy every day.
Location: Lake Nona, FL 32832 - Lake Nona Campus
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal.
As one of the fastest growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
Department: Executive Dean's Office LNC
Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 8am – 5pm; Occasional evenings, as needed
Salary: $34,296 – $41,155 per year
Closing Date: Thursday, August 29th, 2019 at 7:00pm EST
If this opportunity sounds inspiring, please complete and submit an online application along with a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.