Join Our Team.
Valencia College is now hiring a part-time International Student Advisor to join the Continuing International Education Administration team on the Osceola Campus.
In this position, you will serve as the primary advisor for international students, including students on F‐1 and J‐1 visas. You will be responsible for advising, counseling, new student orientation programming and facilitation, promoting social and cultural activities to students, and helping to create opportunities for student engagement within Valencia College and the community. You will also serve as a Designated School Official (DSO) and Alternate Responsible Officer (ARO), and will work as part of a team to support international students.
There are plenty of places to find employment, but at Valencia College, you'll find fulfillment.
If you want to play a role in shaping the future of students at one of the largest community colleges in Florida, recognized as one of “The Great Colleges to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education, and the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position.
The ideal candidate will have:
- U.S. citizenship, or U.S. permanent residency [required for this position by Federal regulations]
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Bilingual in both English and Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Experience in providing F‐1 immigration advising and/or J‐1 advising to college or university students
- International experience, such as studying, living or working abroad, or interacting with international students
- Experience working in a college or university providing counseling, orientation and programming for
- A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion.
To view the complete job description for this role, click here
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Flexible work schedule
- Access to Florida retirement membership *see details
- Free Lynx bus transportation
- Discount on Valencia Arts and Entertainment Events and so much more
Moreover, we believe you will appreciate the commitment to work-life balance plus the inspiring, motivating, and teamwork-oriented environment that we enjoy every day.
Location: Kissimmee, FL 34744 - Osceola Campus
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal.
As one of the fastest growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
Department: CE CIE Administration
Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 9:00am - 2:00pm
Salary: $14.99 per hour
Closing Date: Wednesday, August 28th, 2019 at 7:00pm EST
If this opportunity sounds inspiring, please complete and submit an online application along with a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.