Join Our Team.
Valencia College is now hiring Part-Time Learning Assistant I (Math Tutors) to join the Student Activity Tutoring team on the Osceola Campus.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing academic assistance and learning-centered tutoring to currently enrolled Valencia College students. Tutors with knowledge from College Algebra all the way to Differential Equations, Statistics, and College Mathematics are needed.
There are plenty of places to find employment, but at Valencia College, you'll find fulfillment.
If you want to play a role in shaping the future of students at one of the largest community colleges in Florida, recognized as one of “The Great Colleges to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education, and the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Completed the mathematics courses that they will tutor with a grade of B or higher
- Prior tutoring experience with students
- A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion
To view the complete job description for this role, click here
- Tutors with knowledge in at least one of the following subjects will be considered: College Algebra, Pre-Calculus, Trigonometry, Business Calculus, Calculus I, II and III, College Mathematics, Math for Liberal Arts and Statistics.
- Applicants must submit a copy of their unofficial transcripts with their application, cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Flexible work schedule
- Access to Florida retirement membership *see details
- Free Lynx bus transportation
- Discount on Valencia Arts and Entertainment Events and so much more
Moreover, we believe you will appreciate the commitment to work-life balance plus the inspiring, motivating, and teamwork-oriented environment that we enjoy every day.
Location: Kissimmee, FL 34744 - Osceola Campus
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal.
As one of the fastest growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
Department: Student Activity Tutoring OSC
Work Hours: Tutors needed Monday through Saturday (schedule to be determined upon hiring, based on candidate's availability and tutoring center's hours of operation). Hours of operation: Monday through Thursday: 8am-8pm; Friday: 8am-5pm; Saturday: 8am-12pm
Salary: $8.46 per hour
Closing Date: Wednesday, September 18th, 2019 at 7:00pm EST
If this opportunity sounds inspiring, please complete and submit an online application along with a cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts to be considered for this position.