Join Our Team.
Valencia College is now hiring Part Time Learning Assistants II (Mathematics) to join the Student Activity Tutoring team.
In this role you will be responsible for providing academic assistance, mentoring and learning centered tutoring to any currently enrolled student based upon appropriate assessment of student needs.
There are plenty of places to find employment, but at Valencia College, you'll find fulfillment.
If you want to play a role in shaping the future of students at one of the largest community colleges in Florida, recognized as one of “The Great Colleges to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education, and the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position.
West Campus Tutoring Center Information:
The Tutoring Center assists students with all upper level math skills. Learning Assistants provide tutoring support for math students, including help with CPTi review and homework. They help students succeed by utilizing a variety of resources such as various technologies and other math related materials.
- The West campus Tutoring Center assists students with all math skills from College Algebra and above
- They help students succeed by utilizing a variety of resources such as hands-on manipulatives, various technologies, and group-based study sessions
- We are recruiting for the following courses: College algebra up thru Calculus I
- There are three part time positions available at West Campus
Downtown Campus Tutoring Center Information:
- The Downtown campus Tutoring Center will be supporting entry-level math students up through College Algebra.
- All math tutoring will take place in the Tutoring Center
- We are recruiting for the following courses: Developmental Math up
through College Algebra, inclusive of Statistics
- There are three part time positions available at Downtown Campus
Please CLICK HERE for more information about this position.
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Flexible work schedule
- Access to Florida retirement membership *see details
- Free Lynx bus transportation
- Discount on Valencia Arts and Entertainment Events and so much more
Moreover, we believe you will appreciate the commitment to work-life balance plus the inspiring, motivating, and teamwork-oriented environment that we enjoy every day.
Location: Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal.
As one of the fastest growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
Department: Student Activity Tutoring
Salary: $12.38 Per Hour
Closing Date: Wednesday August 28, 2019 at 7:00 PM EST
If this opportunity sounds inspiring, please complete and submit an online application along with a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.