Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
The primary responsibility of this position is assuring that studentís needs are met regarding assessment of transfer credits through the management of the evaluation process as professional students apply for and complete a professional undergraduate degree at APU. This position is also responsible for promoting consistency and clarity in the area of transfer guidelines and articulation agreements.
* Bachelorís degree.
* Familiarity with higher education. Two to four years experience with databases and/or university student services.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
* Perform specialized activities by providing program representatives/academic records counselors and departments with accurate and current information regarding the transferability of courses taken at other colleges and universities for the program, which a student intends to pursue, or complete at APU.
* Evaluate transfer work from regionally accredited colleges and universities for the Entry-level Masterís (ELM) program, and create corresponding transfer guidelines.
* Evaluate transfer work from regionally accredited colleges and universities, Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT), CSU Breadth, IGETC certification, Advanced Placement and CLEP for course equivalency with APU courses to clear major, GE requirements, and elective courses.
* Performs transfer evaluations for applicants as requested by the Graduate and Professional Recruitment Program Representatives in Azusa and at the Regional Centers in a timely manner.
* Record and maintain pertinent information in evaluation process to respond to student inquiries and track completed and pending evaluations.
* Post transferable courses to the studentís academic record initially at the time of admission, and on an ongoing bases as official transcripts are submitted by the student which enables students, Academic Recordís Counselors and academic departments to access the studentís academic advising report which provides clarity on the studentís progress in completing an APU degree.
* Interpret and communicate policies regarding evaluation to Program Representatives, Academic Records Counselors, and academic departments for counseling students and staff.
* Research and review college catalogs to compare course descriptions and syllabi to verify equivalency with APU and create transfer guidelines for prospective students.
* Participates in development of Graduate and Professional policies and practices as related to the processes for all evaluations, tracking and degree audits.
* Represents the Office of the Registrar on assignments and committees as delegated by the Registrar or Associate Registrar.
* Informs the Associate Registrar of situations or pending problems, which would prevent the delivery of services to students, faculty, or staff, or lessen the quality of these services.
* Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
* Committed to a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values diversity.
* Support, affirm, and sustain the beliefs, values, and mission of the university in all facets of oneís role and through the universityís daily living expectations.
* Assists with Commencement planning and execution, and is required to work all commencement events (Winter and Spring) of each calendar year.
* Assume other duties as assigned by the Associate Registrar.
* Excellent computer skills.
* Good organizational, problem solving, and oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to balance a variety of tasks and demands.
* Typing speed of 45 wpm and knowledge of office operations.
* Ability to work under pressure, exuding a mature demeanor while multi-tasking in a deadline oriented environment with accuracy and consistency.
* Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
* Ability to work collaboratively with a team, as well as an independent contributor.
* Ability to exercise good judgment and discretionary skills in determining when to act independently and when to consult management prior to taking action.
* Self-starter with a positive attitude.
* Requires repetitive motions and sitting at computer keyboard.
* Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
* Able to conduct business at other offices on campus.
* Able to lift, bend, grasp, reach, lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally.
* Reading, writing notes, and computer monitor.
* Pleasant office, comfortable temperature.
* Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
Azusa Pacific University is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.