Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Los Angeles, CA United States
Associate Director of the Prep Division|
Windward School has a unique structure of three divisions: Middle School (grades 7-8), Prep (grades 9-10) and Collegiate (grades 11-12). Joining the Prep Division, the Associate Director will be part of a team including Director, Dean, Counselor and Administrative Coordinator.
The Associate Division Director is responsible for the implementation, documentation, supervision, and evaluation of the Divisionís academic program. The Associate Division Director teaches one academic class.
The Associate Division Director:
● Reports directly to the Division Director in administering the academic program of the Division and oversees the management and communication of the curriculum and pedagogy of faculty. supervises and evaluates the Department Chairs and Faculty in conjunction with the Department Chair, Dean of Faculty, and/or Division Director.
● Collaborates with the Dean of Faculty and the Senior Administrative Team on academic issues. supports Academic Departments in developing and articulating departmental curriculum and instruction.
● Works with chairs, faculty, and members of the Center for Teaching and Learning in supporting initiatives relating to teaching and learning, individual goals for professional growth, and faculty-wide in-services guided by the Strategic Plan Goals and Areas of Focus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As a member of the Division team, and in concert with the other Associate Division Directors, the Associate Division Director will:
● Communicate academic goals and overall academic vision effectively to all members of the community.
● Collaborate with the Center for Teaching and Learning to oversee and coordinate professional development, in-services, and enrichment for all faculty.
● Collaborate with the Dean of Faculty to coordinate ongoing faculty evaluation process.
● Oversee the implementation of Folio.
● Collect, review and disseminate data regarding student academic engagement; lead Division response.
● Manage review and evaluation of academic program, including special programs of the Division.
● Articulate the developmental needs of the students while staying current with educational research and emerging trends regarding the educational, physical, social, and psychological needs of the students of the division.
● Make classroom visits, provide feedback, and work collaboratively with teachers to integrate developmentally appropriate initiatives and resources into the school program.
● Manage academic reporting, including progress reports, grades and comments.
● Manage the course choice and placement process for Division students, as well as transition between other divisions.
● Actively participate in the development and coordination of co-curricular and extra-curricular programs, including Seminar, and the planning and the presentation of school assemblies and programs.
● Keep the Division Director informed of the general programs, activities and challenges that arise within the division.
● Support the department chairs in ensuring that curriculum and pedagogy of the department are appropriate for age and development of students within the division, and congruent with the schoolís board-approved mission statement and Strategic Plan.
● Support department chairs in ensuring that learning goals and reporting of progress are clearly aligned and transparent to students and parents .
● With other Associate Division Directors, lead department chair meetings; assist department chairs in designing and leading department initiatives.
● With other Associate Division Directors, oversee yearly reviews and draft updates of the Windward Curriculum Guide and the Windward Student Handbook.
● Support a professional workplace climate that is grounded in tact, helpfulness, respect, and supports and reflects high morale.
● Participate in the admission process as requested, through prospective parent presentations and applicant family interviews. Collaborate with other administrators and department chairs in hiring. Be a visible presence in all areas of the school.
● Perform other duties as assigned by the Division Director and Head of School.
This is a great chance to be part of a dynamic, close-knit, independent school culture and community!
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including:
● Medical, dental, vision insurance
● Paid Holidays, Vacation and Wellness days
● Retirement Plan, including up to 6% employer match
● School-paid Life and Disability Insurance
● Flexible Spending Account Plans
● Annual $2,000 FlexCheck
● Annual $2,000 Lunch Allowance
● Access to Peak Performance Center to promote physical and mental health
● Wellness Initiatives
● Employee Assistance Program
● Tuition Remission
● Funds for Professional Development
● Nurturing, supportive and inclusive community
● And much more!
For more information about Windward School, see our website: www.windwardschool.org.
To Apply: All interested candidates should send a resume, three letters of recommendation and a letter of interest to email@example.com.
Qualifications & Requirements
Education and Experience
● Masterís degree (M.A. or equivalent) in education or school administration preferred; a minimum of five years teaching experience and or previous academic leadership experience is required.
● Proven success at working collaboratively in leading collaborative teams.
● Have demonstrated leadership in project management, research, and building effective programs.
● Willingness to work some nights and weekends.
● Dynamic instructional leader with a solid understanding of the developmental and curricular needs of students of the particular division.
● Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
● Excellent organizational and presentation skills.
● Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
● Proficiency with technology and online resources.
● Conversant with all academic disciplines and familiar with teaching methodology across the curriculum
Windward School is a co-educational, independent, college-preparatory day school enrolling students in grades 7-12. Located in West Los Angeles, Windward draws its student body from the diverse population of Los Angeles.
Windwardís mission, as a college-preparatory school, is to challenge each student to achieve academic excellence in a nurturing environment. Windward teachers, parents, and administrators work as a team to encourage each student to be responsible, caring, well, informed, ethical and prepared, thus promoting the fullest development of the individual.